Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Prayers

I have been doing most of my writing in Journals lately. I journal every night a thanks for the day. Instead of saying my old prayers....

My old prayers were the simple "Now I lay me down to sleep....." I would say them as if on auto pilot. I used to list everyone in a long drawn out list in my head. Like that boring guy who accepts an award and just pulls out a list and reads off the names. I had no real feeling in much of anything I said or asked for. I would end with something like, "Let Everyone be happy go-lucky and joyful", or "Home the Homeless and feed the hungry or make me rich and I will do it. :)"

Lately my prayers have been more intimate. I no longer say 'I pray the Lord my soul to keep', it's not necessary, no one is going to steal my soul. Now I say prayers of thanks and instead of asking for things that I want, I now ask what God wants of me. I now ask how I can serve this world. I have ended up helping in the simplest of ways. Standing by some one's car while they went to fill a gas can because they ran out of gas in the middle of the road. Giving up a Dentist appointment to a child who needed to be seen but did not have an appointment. These little ways I have helped others have a better day has helped me feel a stronger connection to God and to my life. In those simple ways that I have helped I have noticed that my life and the service I can provide, even the littlest things does make a difference in this world. I helped two people have a better, somewhat easier day. I showed compassion, instead of thinking about me, I thought of others and in those moments I felt more alive.

I do not need the recognition, I am telling these examples to help others realize that you don't have to have something special to help another. All you need is compassion and understanding and the ability to put yourself out there.

This life was meant to be good. I believe that we are meant to live in harmony, by letting go of the belief that there always has to be something in it for me I have found joy in my life.

I now pray for guidance, I pray for a better understanding of my purpose in this life. I no longer pray for protection, I am always protected and I am always safe.

You are too :)

Living Inspired,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment