Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lift Me Up

I have been working on concentrating my energy on the things that make me happy.

Family:
I was having a difficult night last night. I was feeling lonely and slightly irritated but thankfully just when I was about to give into my bad mood my Sister called. She invited us and my brother over to hang out and do fireworks and play Rock band. I am NOT good at Rock band but I am determined to get better! I enjoyed the night so much. It was wonderful to be able to hang out with my family! I enjoyed being there by myself but, I also enjoyed the idea of having someone special in my life who would fit into our little family. I enjoy my family because it is small. My Brother, my Sister and myself. Our parents do not live close so it's just us, I love it! We have always had to stick together and I am so glad that we have continued to live our lives close to each other. My Sister recently moved back into the area and has been great about inviting us to be a part of her life. I adore her and my Brother-in-Law! They are very free, fun loving and easy going people. They are encouraging and supportive and I feel extremely grateful that I have them in my life.
I also am very close to my Brother, I always have been, and I hope I always will be. I have a great family. They are a definite Lift Me Up!!!!!!

Desk:
Since I will me moving in August a lot of my time has been spent figuring out how I will decorate my new place. I love redecorating! I buy a lot of my furniture items on Craigslist or from resale shops. I always seem to find exactly what I'm looking for and the price is always something I can afford:) My new place is much smaller than where I currently live so I will be selling a lot of what I have in order to get things that will fit better in my new space. I found the cutest little desk on Craigslist an I am so excited about getting it today:)

I've decided to add a picture of the desk:



It goes with the simple, easy style I like. One item down, lots more to go!





Feet:
I have never been very happy with what my feet look like. Come on, they are feet, there's nothing beautiful about them. I've always wanted to get a tattoo on each foot, I have yet to do it though. Instead of focusing on what I cannot do I decided to focus on what I can do. I've decided to use temporary tattoos for now. It's easy, quick, cute and cheap! So now my feet are pretty :) When it comes to going to Yoga or Pilates class I think I will be a lot less hesitant to take off my socks now :)

Focusing on the things I can control makes life much more enjoyable, I recommend you try it.

Living Inspired,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment