Thursday, June 11, 2009

Correction

I was re reading my 'Religion tainted God' post and in it I say 'Now I am Micah, a believer in God'. I said that wrong. I am Micah, part of God. Believer leaves a bad taste when I say it. In my mind when I say 'believer' it's shallow, it's flimsy. This makes me feels like I said 'believer in magic' that's not it. In moments I see God, in life. In the trees and the wind, and I totally sound like a hippie but I swear, it's true. I feel my connection with life.

By spending time and effort to learn to not identify so much with my life, but more with life itself, I have come to feel that connection. So I wanted to make sure that was clear, I don't believe in a greater connection, I know it exists. I feel my connection to it as well as to others. Although I have to admit that I am still working on being present enough to be able to stay aware of that connection.

There are times when I look at someone and I think, 'what the hell are they thinking', or 'at least I'm not them'. I realize in that moment I thought that thought I judged someone I don't even know. In that moment of judgement I opened myself up to ego. Instead of paying attention to this amazing life I put my attention on something less than. My opinion, which I looked up the definition of: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. By paying more attention to my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions..., I then judged. When I ignore my opinion and realize that the source of life is coming through that person just as it is coming through me that is when I feel my connection.

Like I said, I'm not great at it. I still have thoughts of that nature but when I step back and pay attention to how I think then I can change and alter how I think. That idea was one of the first I understood from Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now. He says to listen to your thoughts, without judgement, just pay attention to what you think. Once you start paying attention you can start to see the Gap between who you are and what you are. When you can see, feel or sense that difference you are on your way.

So try the little exercise for a while, listen to your own thoughts. Don't judge what you think, just listen and notice the feelings, reactions and emotions your thoughts create in you.

This is a snippet of Eckhart Tolle that will explain a little more.





Consider it.

Living Inspired,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment