Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who can help me?

Like I said before, not everyday is easy. There are days when I have to try many different methods in order to keep myself positive throughout the day. Today happens to be one of those days, lucky me ;) I say 'lucky me' because as much as it sucks to feel down it does give me another opportunity to post again today, so I will make this a positive for the day. Lucky Me!

I'm sure you've heard the saying 'Fake it 'til you make it', I live that saying everyday! We all have issues. We all have moments where life just doesn't work how we planned or we just hurt for whatever reason. In those moments of weakened spirit we get to choose, stay hurt and in pain or move on to something else.

I choose to move on, try something new. Try to see the positives in every little thing you can find a positive in. My teeth are clean..... sometimes that might be the only positive thing you can think of. If that is true for you then you found one positive for the day. What else could you do? What simple things would make your day better? What could you do and add to your positive list for the day? Have you eaten yet today? You could have a healthy meal, drink a glass of water, send an email to someone you normally don't talk to. Anything that would allow you to feel better about yourself that you are able to do, do it! You know better than anyone else what could help you through a bad day. Be your own best friend, figure out how to help yourself.

The goal is to treat yourself how you would treat someone you truly love when they are down. Cater to yourself. I know that one of my goals is to eat better and drink more water. Right now I could drink a glass of water. That would help me into positivity way more than the Dr. Pepper I would normally give myself. We as people have a habit of treating ourselves by sabotaging ourselves. Alcoholics who are having a bad day will go have a beer. When they finish that beer they have only added another negative to their own list of pain. Emotional eaters will pick up their favorite comfort food and gorge themselves. Yet when done with that they only feel worse.

Work on understanding yourself. Understanding your goals, where you want to be and how to get there, then help yourself! We are our own greatest Alli or Enemy. Most of us will wait for someone else to help us. We will put our faith in the fact that they have all the answers, they can help us reach our goal. Few of us actually depend on ourselves to be the driving force in our lives. Few of us think we have what it takes to make our dreams a reality. When we live like that we are only setting ourselves up for failure

You are the most important person to help you, with anything, you want to achieve in your life. Sounds completely simple right. I can hear people who I know that will read this blog saying 'Duh, like I didn't already know that!' My point is yes, it sounds simple, but how many of us actually live our lives that way? How many of us look to ourselves first for any answers we may need for our lives? How many of us spend time helping ourselves reach those goals we've always wanted to attain.

Care for yourself. Protect yourself from harm, any harm, even the harm you would put upon yourself. Treat yourself as you would treat the love of your life, with kindness, love, understanding, and compassion.

Living Inspired,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment