Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lift Me Up

I've had a pretty okay day today. I have been working on my thoughts for about a year now. I started learning about "The Law of Attraction", "Manifesting Your Destiny" and it really intrigued me. I thought about it, I think I'm a born Optimist deep down. I like to believe goodness and love conquer all.
I love goodness, the feeling of goodness, I even like the way it sounds. It's like sunshine in my day. A little too happy about the word goodness...., maybe, but I do love that word! I love the feeling it invokes in me. I want to be happy, truly happy and I don't believe there is any reason I shouldn't be happy.
When I first started this whole 'Positive Thinking' process I was very easily brought out of it, positive thinking, that is. I would work hard to try and get all the 'rational' people outta my head! I'm a daydreamer, I always have been. I'm the girl who goes through work humming the Smurfs theme, really :) I like that about myself. I like that there are bits of me that still have an innocent quality. The little silliness I posses. Anyway, back to the point.
In the last few months personal situations have been blocking me from seeing the good my life has to offer. The power I possess when I focus on something good. I haven't actually attained many of the things I am trying to 'Manifest', but......they seem to swirl around me. I see something I think would be positive for my life and opportunities or information just pop up, as if out of thin air, very cool. It just seems that little paths seem to be clearing for me. So I want to start logging what the good things are. That way if I am down, I have a place to come to Lift Me Up:)
I have been thinking a lot about that I want in life. Visualizing and Journaling about where I want to be, what I want to have, how I want to live. I write my Journal entries as Thank You letters for how wonderful my life is. I mention things in as much detail as I can. My feelings of constant gratitude, and appreciation for all I have been blessed with. While writing this I also remain thankful for where I am right now. To be in a positive enough place to be able to create these vivid, happy daydreams where my life is all I want it to be is a good place to be:)

So here is my Lift Me Up list:

  • Board Games from Aunt Kathy. One of my desires is to spend quality with family and friends. I know my 'On Earth As It Is In Heaven', or 'Happiness' is filled with laughter and love. I see happiness and no worry. Peace and calm along with joy and excitement, that's the life for me! So board games are a perfect way to connect and enjoy fun times. I had been thinking of how I would like to get a whole bunch of games. I don't plan on having a TV in my Happiness, I just thought about how fun it would be to play games and enjoy some time. I didn't think of buying them, I just thought about the joy the using them would create. A few days late my Aunt Kathy called with a number of games she was trying to get rid of:) I hadn't mentioned it to anyone, just something I was thinking about.

  • My Jeep. I have always wanted a Jeep. I love them, always have. I love the wind, it just feels so cleansing to me. Especially a brisk wind on a sunshiny summer day. So the idea of being able to drive , which I don't like doing, and feel the sun and the wind would be decedent! I currently drive a Caddy. I'm not a huge fan of the Caddy, it's just too big for me. I would prefer a smaller car. Actually, I would prefer a Jeep! For a long time every time I saw a Jeep I would feel envious. I didn't even want to have to see a Jeep if I couldn't have it! I didn't notice any Jeeps for a long time after that. I thought about a Jeep again recently. Now when I see Jeeps I appreciate being able to see something I find beautiful. I see Jeeps EVERYWHERE!!! Like I said, swirling around me. Every time I see one I say 'Oh look, there's a Jeep'. Duh! What else would I say!?! ;) I believe that helps me to appreciate it more, by sharing it with others. My daughter and I notice a lot of Jeeps. If I don't spot it, she does:) One day I went into the store and came back out and MY JEEP [wrangler, Dark blue, tan top/interior] was sitting right next to my car. I thought of how absolutely great it would be if I was walking to that Jeep, without feeling any sadness or lack for driving what I am driving now. There's a red one for sale down the street right now. Red with Tan interior, red's pretty :) So I just look at it, and appreciate that I right now, get to drive by everyday and see it. If I keep it positive it'll turn up right in front of me, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment