Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A New Day, New Opportunity

I start today with the intention that I will enjoy each and every moment I experience. I will remember that I am part of this universe, not merely a pawn. I am able to create in this experience. I have the power and ability to be, do or have anything it is I truly want. I need only believe and allow myself to have all my dreams come true.

I'm still working on the allowing and believing aspect of this plan. As much as I do truly believe that I posses more power than I am aware there is also that voice of doubt inside me. The voice that I have believed for so many years. A voice that is comprised of many different voices that has told me since birth that I am limited in the power I posses and the changes I can make within my life and the life's of others are limited. A voice I have heard for so many years it now sounds like my own voice. It is the voice of evil, evil against myself and against God who created me in his likeness.

As I said before I think the true Evil and Sin that we as man have been a part of is the belief that we are not enough. That somehow we lack. If we were to truly except and believe that we were made in the likeness of God, and God is all powerful and limitless, then we would rejoice in this opportunity to experience this life.

In the belief that we are merely man, a simple creation God put upon this Earth, we lack in power, importance and belief that we are something truly beautiful.

I guess it comes down to what you believe God is. If you believe, as I do, that God is Ultimate love, forgiveness, compassion and joy you would not doubt the importance of yourself. Each of us is an inspiring creation, none of us are exactly the same. We all bring to this world a unique perspective and power. We were made in the likeness of God. What does that mean to you when you hear that? Do you think the bodies we have are the 'likeness' we hold to God? I know I used to. I thought it was just that simple, God made us to look like him.

I've thought about this long and hard recently. I highly doubt we look like God. I believe we are made in the likeness of God inside. In the compassion, love, joy and all the good we are able to give and receive emotionally. I believe the times we are most like God are the times when we love for no other reason than to love. When we feel joy in the simplest joys in life. When we show compassion to someone who acts as if they don't deserve it. I say they 'act as if they don't deserve it' I believe if we were truly made in the likeness of God everyone would deserve our compassion, for God gives compassion to everyone. We as people are the ones who judge and find lack within each other and ourselves. That is where we lack as humans. We do not look at ourselves as a collective Human Race, we think and act as individuals. God made us in his likeness, and I believe that by being in his likeness, I was created to be kind, loving, understanding and compassionate. I believe I was meant to be that way to every single person, not just the ones I like but everyone. We are all connected. We are all a part of God, I believe we actually all make up the true power of God. When we come together we create amazing things and experiences. In those moments we are God on Earth. Not one of us is more important than the other, for we all are single pieces and bits of the same God. He may be named different in different places but he is the same none the less. The all powerful being that created this world and everything in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment