Monday, March 23, 2009

Dark Places

I've begun a journey within myself. Lately I have been traveling through the darkest parts of myself. I've been going through my daily actions with awareness of what I truly believe. When those little troll voices [miss you Corinne!] come and say something hateful I have been automatically confronting those feelings. I am blessed enough to realize a lot of the feelings I hold about myself are things I have been taught to feel about myself. I've begun to realize that my beliefs about myself are things I learned from situations I watched other people in life have. I've spent years believing that their situation would also be mine because I was told that and because I knew nothing else. I excepted the limits others set for me, I never questioned things.

That's all changed now.

Now, in everything I'm learning, I'm beginning to realize I do not have to believe what everyone else believes, and they don't have to believe what I believe. We each have the opportunity, free will, to believe whatever it is we want. My new perspective has taken great work for me to understand is that each of us can believe whatever it is we want. Sounds simple enough right, but for years that idea has been hidden from me. I understand now that my truth is my truth. As long as I am happy with what I am doing then there is no reason for me to be offend if you decide to do something different from me.

I understand now that we are all here because we are magnificent creatures! In that realization I find happiness and joy. I find peace and confront in knowing that even though you are not exactly like me you are still of the same source of life that I am and I cherish you because of that. I choose to enjoy this life experience. I choose to look upon my life as a ride and cherish every new opportunity as a new and unique experience.

Always remember in this life you are never alone. Each of us is connected to the other.

Living Inspired,
Micah

2 comments:

  1. I miss you too! But it's cool :) Isn't it a great feeling when you know that your beliefs are yours and no one else? You are being a great role model for your children. They are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also lucky to have a kind, understanding friend like you!

    ReplyDelete