Friday, March 6, 2009

A Belief in Lack Created Our Behavior

God does not condone our behavior when it is negative. When we behave in a negative manner against each other I believe we are behaving negatively against God. I believe God is the collective consciousness of all of us. What that means to me is that I am God, You are God, each of us is part of God and together as one we make up God.

In God there is no lack. Each and everyone of us is a piece of God and if we were to behave that way to ourselves and others then we would not have as many people behaving the manner they do. I believe a lot of the people who are mean and hurtful to others act that way because they were taught somehow that that is how they should behave. Mean people were taught, by the way others treated them, that they cannot find the guidance and love God is. They were taught that there is lack in this Earth and they mirror those beliefs with their actions.

If we were taught from day one that everything in life is possible and that life is not a competition we would be a happier Human Race. If we were taught there is abundance all around us, and my having what I want it will not limit you from having what you want because there is no lack, then I think we would see less anger and violence in this life. I think that the majority of the problems we all deal with in our lives is the belief that there is lack. Lack of love to be received, lack of money, lack of kindness, you name we as Humans seem to always see the limitations in everything.

If we were taught from birth that each of us is and incredible being, a piece of God in physical form here on Earth. If we were taught that God made us in his likeness therefore we are creators and that in being a part of God we find all abundance and no lack. If were taught that we are on this Earth to create alone as well as with others to make this life a beautiful experience then were would we find negative behavior?

Unfortunately we are not taught that we are all one within God. We are taught that we need to fight to get what we need because there is never enough. We are taught to step on each other to get to where we want to be because you and I can not both find our happiness, one must lack for another to gain. That is the thought process that has led to where we are today!

We do not see each other as exceptional beings that can make this a marvelous place just by wanting good in my life and wishing the person next to me no harm or pain because they want the same or something completely different. We as Human take great offense when people behave differently then we think they should behave. Why should I feel anger towards a person who is living their life happily the way they want to live it? If it does not harm my life and they are not causing harm to others than it should be none of my business. I believe I am on this planet to have an amazing experience that I am able to create because I am a child of God. I was made in his likeness and I know that I should and could live a better existence than what I have now. I know that if I look deep down within myself and truly ask who God is I cannot see how he would create a world that is not abundant. I cannot see how he would knowingly allow us to come to this life only to learn what it means to suffer. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

If we as Humans were to spend more of our time focusing on the benefits in our lives and focus more on our own lives and be less concerned with what our neighbor is doing we would be better off. This life can be paradise. I believe you can have exactly what you want and I can too. I believe that if we were to spend more time enjoying our lives and looking less at the things that upset us but more at things that inspire us we as the Human Race would be a better people.

2 comments:

  1. You've lost me, and I'm confused (a common state of existence for me [smile]). How are we created by God, but at the same time part of the collective that is God? I think I'm misreading what you're saying. Please help [smile].

    But I agree: "If we as Humans were to spend more of our time focusing on the benefits in our lives and focus more on our own lives and be less concerned with what our neighbor is doing we would be better off." Learning the joy of resting in God's provision so we can focus on blessing others is something we should all strive toward. Unfortunately, I still have a long way to go in this aspect of my journey [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are both, created by God and God all in the same. Of course these are all of my own personal opinions but this is how I see it: We are God, each seperate peices of the whole. So we are both God and a creation of God.

    I have been listening to a lot of the Abraham Hicks recordings and I like the ideas they put forth. So what I am doing is taking the information that they have given and meditating upon it. The ideas I have been putting out on my blog are what I have come to consider through meditation. I am not positive that I am correct but I find comfort and peace in these ideas and I thought it would be nice to share these ideas. I put these ideas out of consideration.

    Thanks for the questions though, I enjoy trying to explain my point of view :)

    Micah

    ReplyDelete