Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Alienation of Honesty

One of the things I have been running into lately is the alienation of honesty. I have been trying to live as honest as I can lately. Because of this I have had to admit to wrong doing and I am sure I have altered people's opinions of me in the process.

I'm tired of pretending to be someone I am not. I am tired of hiding who I am so I will have an easier time being accepted. I realize now that I don't need to be excepted to have a joyous life. I realize now that in order to have a more joyous life I need to be honest with myself about who I am. I need to accept my self and by doing that and being happy with who I am I find joy in my life. I ran past another quote from Mark Twain that addresses this: A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval- Mark Twain.

I agree completly with this. So I accept the Alienation of Honesty. I understand that by allowing myself to be true I may loss people who used to be part of my life. I also understand that those people never knew me to begin with so I don't find any of these changes to be unbearable. I am simply taking a new path and I look forward to the journey.

Living Inspired,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment