Friday, September 4, 2009

Different Perspective

One of my dearest friends is getting married this weekend. She asked me to be the Maid of Honor.

Ugh, was my first instinct. The idea of being resposible for all of the things a real good Maid of Honor would cover was beyond to much for me to handle. I didn't want to have anything to do with it, and I told Binks :) that from the begining. She said 'Oh, don't worry about any of that. I know you, I just want you to be a part of my day.'

I wish I would've been able to hear her when she said that so many months ago. Once all of my thoughts of insecuritiy came crepping they had a firm hold! For months I have been dreading this event. The pressure upon me was unbearable!!!

I didn't notice until today that all of the pressure applied to me was by me. I allow myself to ruin the planning time of this a glorious event!

Last night as I was lying in my bed Dreading Sunday when the light finally shown.....

My best friend is getting married!

The girl who I have helped through so many moments is now about to walk down the lisle and, she wants me to be one of the people standing there with her! How did I not see how incredibly amazing this event is going to be! The girl who has been a little sister to me since 6th grade is becoming a wife. How blessed is this going to be. I feel such pride in knowing this woman. She is kind, giving, kookie and beautiful. I taught her, maybe we shouldn't talk about the things I taught her :) I have watched her grow into a wonderful friend, Mother and now Wife.

My perspective on this event has shifted, I'm very glad to say.

I wish everyone love, kindness, friendship and understanding. I wish everyone the experience to find their true happiness.

Living Inspired,

Micah


I love you Binks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment